Consuming fermented foods is an easy way to ensure you’re getting the most nutritional value from your whole foods as it enhances their beneficial properties and increases their nutrient value.
And what better way to do that than with this beautiful, flavourful Turmeric Sauerkraut? Make a batch up and enjoy 1 tbsp each day throughout Phase 2 and beyond into Phase 4!
- 1/2 cabbage, shredded
- 4 small carrots, grated
- 1 brown onion, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large knob of ginger, grated
- 3-4 tsp Changing Habits Seaweed Salt
- Filtered water to cover
- 1 cup Kultured Wellness Coconut Water Kefir
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tsp Changing Habits Turmeric Powder
- Add the grated veggies, garlic, turmeric, ginger and salt to a large bowl and combine evenly. Mix the ingredients together and use your hands to ‘squish’ the mixture to help release some of the liquid from the cabbage.
- Press the veggies down into a clean large glass jar using your hands.
- Add the coconut water kefir and just enough water to fully cover the veggies.
- Use a leftover/outer cabbage leaf to weigh the veggies down under the liquid. Close the lid and allow the veggies to culture for 3-5 days.
- Once they’re ready, place in the fridge.
What’s your favourite 4 Phase Fat Loss Protocol recipe? We’d love you to share it with us!