It’s hard to go past poached chicken – it’s such a quick and simple way to cook the meat, leaving it moist and succulent. This dish also packs a lovely flavour hit from the citrus and fennel…and is Phase 2 compliant – winning!
For the chicken:
- 400g chicken breast (each breast sliced into halves)
- 1 litre of homemade chicken broth (Phase 2) or Changing Habits Chicken Broth (Phase4eva)
- 5 x slices of ginger
- 1 x large clove of garlic, sliced
- 1 x small handful of thyme
- 1 x sliced lemon
- Salt and pepper
For the fennel salad:
- 2 x large fennel bulbs
- 1 x apple
- 1 x small handful of mint
- 2 x limes
- Place the broth, ginger, garlic, thyme and lemon into a large pot at a medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken to the broth mixture and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the pot from heat and let sit for a further 10 minutes.
- Slice and combine the fennel and apple into thin slices in a mixing bowl, add the mint leaves and stir through the lime juice.
- Place the fennel and apple mix onto a plate or platter with the strained chicken on top.
- Add extra lime and salt and pepper to taste.
What’s your favourite 4 Phase Fat Loss Protocol recipe? We’d love you to share it with us!
Latest posts by Tessa Pennick (see all)
- Iced Green Tea - January 15, 2019
- Kale Chips - December 11, 2018
- Baked Fish with Steamed Bok Choy and Chimichurri Sauce - November 27, 2018